Relationships are VERY important to all human beings, as no human can live alone by him/herself with no human contact, otherwise they would eventually go insane.
There are many different types of relationships such as:
- The most important relationship, the one with OURSELVES
- Platonic friendships
- Relationships with your parents
- Relationships with your siblings
- Relationships with your co-workers
- Relationships with vendors
- Relationships with your boss
- Relationships with your teachers/professors
- Relationships with your children
- Relationships with your neighbors
- Relationships with your significant other
- Relationships with your spouse
Unfortunately society doesn’t teach us how to have healthy relationships. Our parents usually don’t teach us, although they lead by example, so unless you had parents who had a wonderful relationship and they really knew what they were doing, you probably didn’t learn much and are just repeating those same negative patterns they taught you. Remember, most marriages or parental relationships end in divorce (1 out of every 2).
Our educational school system doesn’t seem to think learning how to have healthy relationships is a skill we need to acquire and yes, it’s very much a skill to maintain a healthy relationship, so we usually just wing it and deal with a lot of pain and suffering.
This blog was created to delve into the world of relationships starting with ourselves and branching out to others.
No matter which relationship above is important to you (and we hope they all are), we hope you find a lot of this information useful.
— Solve Relationship Problems